For latest News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! You can add us on bbm 22D20B67

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Help: Nigerian Man and His Wife Sentenced to 10yrs In Prison In China[please read]

My name is Olu, a Nigerian resident in
Beijing China. My brother was
sentenced by Chinese people local
court to 10 years in prison for an
alleged robbery case he knows nothing
about. There is every indication to proof
his innocence but the court has refused
to grant all his proof. The most pathetic
is that his wife was also sentenced with
him and right now there is no one to
take care of their two babies (Aged
3years and the other 1year old). He is
Type 2 diabetic and I learnt he
complains of inadequate medical
attention at the detention. I don't want
my brother's case to be like the Florida
man James Bain who was found
innocent after spending 35 years in
prison or like the reported case of Yu
Yinsheng in China who was found
innocent after spending 17 years in jail
on the alleged of his wife murder. The
Nigerian embassy is aware of this
incident but they have refused to show
any interest... They even declined the
invitation extended to them by the
court on two instances during the
sittings. I believe their presence at the
court would have made a very good
impact but am yet to understand why
they never showed up. While I was
even at the embassy after the court
judgment to complain why they were
not present at the court the Deputy
Chief of Mission had to threaten me
with the police because he felt I was
not in a position to question their
authority. Since then I have been
restricted from the embassy. He was
arrested and detained on the 25th of
October 2012 before he was sentenced
this year November 7th 2013. His
lawyer has made an appeal on his
behalf which the court has accepted
but due to the Chinese law I don't think
the appeal would make any change if
proper measure is not taken. His
lawyers have really tried to proof his
innocence but with regards to the
Chinese judiciary law they have limited
power to defend their clients especially
when the prosecutor has submitted
their final verdict to the court. The
Chinese judiciary system is one I
respect very much because of their
very good records of operating a fair
and responsible judgment but on this
case there is a high degree of
misconception from the prosecutor due
to the high degree of conspiracy of the
complaints. I know I don't have the
final say or authority to proof my
brother innocence except the court and
that is why I am calling on fellow
Nigerians and whom it may concern to
help call on The Federal Government to
call the attention of the Nigerian
Embassy in Beijing to help me follow
up the case at the appeal court so that
the court can make sure my brother is
proven innocent and released and if he
has been found guilty of this allegation
which I largely doubt they should be
able to give substantial evidence(s).
There is no doubt that their several
Nigerians who are involved in various
criminal activities in China but at the
same time there several Nigerians
whom have distinguished their selves
very well and positively in their various
fields in China. The police and the court
all over the world are human being, no
matter how diligent their system might
be they sometimes make error in their
assessment and judgment. The
negligence and uncared attitude of our
embassy when some of us are found in
situations like this has made several
innocent Nigerians to be languishing in
the Chinese jail. They are the only one
that can rescue Nigerians in situation
like this by defending our human
rights. I am not saying they should
support those Nigerians who are really
involved in criminal activities because
no upright country would defend her
nationals who come to another country
to dent the image of the country by
involving in criminal activities but they
owe it a duty to protect our nationals
anywhere and time their rights were
infringed upon. Chinese are very
accommodating people but sometimes
they treat foreigners according to the
way their country treats their own
nationals. The Chinese are not the ones
making us to live under pressure in
China but our own authorities. Please I
am calling on the whole Nigerians and
concerned to help me add their voice(s)
so that the Nigerian government can
call the attention of the Nigerian
embassy in Beijing to show interest in
my brother case. I know they don't
have the authority to tell the Chinese
government to just release my brother
all I want is for them to help him in
defending his human right and make
sure they give him the right judgment.
I still believe in the system of the
Chinese judiciary system and that is
why we have made appeal to the
Supreme Court that if the court
thoroughly look into this case with the
interest of the Nigeria embassy in
Beijing the court would finally make
the right judgment. Please help out: CLICK HERE TO SIGN A PETITION https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/URGENT_ATTENTION_OF_THE_FEDERAL_GOVERNMENT_NIGERIA_EMBASSY_BEIJING_TO_INTERVENE_IN_MY_BROTHERS_JAIL_SENTENCE_IN_CHINA/

No comments :

Post a Comment

BoboGist © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Designed by: Lordbnf

Template by: Windroidclub