For latest News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! You can add us on bbm 22D20B67

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Two dead, 8 injured in Delta pipeline explosion

TWO persons were feared dead and
eight others injured in an NNPC gas
pipeline explosion, yesterday, at
Okwokolo community, Mereje, Okpe
Local Government Area of Delta State.
Officials of the Petroleum and Pipelines
Marketing Company, PPMC, were
battling to put out the fire ignited by
the explosion as at 6.30 pm, but they
disputed the claim that two persons
died.
Many of the villagers fled for the fear of
the unknown.
Two pick-up vans of PPMC were burnt in
the fire disaster.
While a source said the explosion was
caused by pipeline vandals, a villager
said the pipeline sparked fired as PPMC
officials were effecting repairs on a
ruptured section.
It was gathered the fire started at about
3.30 pm. Our source said the injured
persons were rushed to hospital for
medical attention.
His words, "They were roasted like
chickens. I wonder what they were
doing near a gas pipeline. Our people
don't learn from the mistake of others
and what they hear. As I speak with
you, they are being rushed to the
hospital.
"I was on my way to Sapele when
suddenly I saw a thick smoke ahead of
me and by the time I got nearer, I saw
that it was pipeline explosion."

No comments :

Post a Comment

BoboGist © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Designed by: Lordbnf

Template by: Windroidclub