For latest News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! You can add us on bbm 22D20B67

Thursday, October 10, 2013

News: Plumber excretes 57 wraps of cocaine at Lagos Airport

Operatives of the National Drug Law
Enforcement Agency, NDLEA,
Thursday, arrested a 29-year-old
plumber, Mr. Ogu Okechukwu, for
unlawful importation of 945 grammes
of cocaine at Murtala Muhammed
International Airport, MMIA, Lagos. The
suspect was apprehended during the
inward screening of passengers on an
Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi on arrival
at the Murtala Muhammed
International Airport with 57 wraps of
cocaine he allegedly rought in from
Brazil. Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA
Airport Commander, Hamza Umar, said
the suspect ingested a total of 57
wraps of cocaine hidden in male
condoms. He said "The suspect, Ogu
Okechukwu, excreted 57 wraps of
powdery cocaine packed inside male
condoms and sealed with cello-tape. It
is a dangerous practice because many
drug traffickers have died as a result of
leakage in such wraps of narcotics." He
further noted that the case was under
investigation. Okechukwu, an indigene
of ImoState, said that he was lured into
drug trafficking because of his inability
to pay his rent of 150,000 naira.
Okechukwu told investigators: "I am a
plumber. I am married with two
children and my wife just delivered our
second baby. My problem was how to
pay my rent of 150,000 naira. "While
looking for money, I was introduced to
drug trafficking. They promised me
300,000 naira if only I will bring the
drug from Brazil. My travel expenses
were sponsored. "While in Brazil, I was
given 100 wraps of drugs to swallow
but I could only take 57 because it was
my first time and it was not easy to
ingest. I feel very bad."

No comments :

Post a Comment

BoboGist © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Designed by: Lordbnf

Template by: Windroidclub