For latest News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! You can add us on bbm 22D20B67

Monday, October 7, 2013

Do You Believe It's Ok For Ladies To Wear Trousers To Church?

I
was raised in a Christian home, and my
father is a pastor. We were raised to
believe that women could not wear any
form of clothing resembling men's
clothing. Therefore, I was never allowed
to wear pants or shorts at home, not to
talk of wearing it to church like some
ladies do these days. This caused me a
lot of grief and resentment growing up.
I have always felt that as Christians we
should dress modestly. I believe that
pants and even shorts of certain
appropriate lengths are modest and
allowable by God. I have never felt
condemned by God for wearing pants
or shorts, but I am still afraid to wear
them in front of my Father. I have
struggled with this issue for most of
my life. My father refers to the
scripture in the Old Testament where
Moses told the children of Israel that "a
woman shall not wear that which
pertains to a man" (Deut 22:5 KJV).
This is my Father's basis for this dress
code. So, what about the pastors that
allow their female members wear
trousers to church?

No comments :

Post a Comment

BoboGist © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Designed by: Lordbnf

Template by: Windroidclub